My First Time On Stage!


It was my first solo performance in Mahalakshmi-Asthalakshmi Temple, Besant Nagar for Navratri Festival (2014). I came to the venue, dressed up neatly and half makeup done. Once I stepped out of the car, Everyone was looking at my makeup. It was super awkward! With all those makeup on... Ahhh! I am a no-Makeup person because, Whenever I put a makeup I look like 


 It was my first time wearing "actual makeup". As we were already running late, My grandma was making my hair, My mom was putting Alta on my hand. The Alta was so ticklish! But my hands looked beautiful on them. My sister was playing with my dress. She was only 1.5 years old then. Once my makeup was finished, I was finally allowed to sit! My sister was staring at me suspiciously! Suddenly, she touched my makeup and started giggling! Thank god! no makeup was erased! As my dad saw me sitting simply, He started taking photos of me, I HATE Posing. My dad pictured me for ages! My mom looked super stressed. She looked more stressed than the one who is going to dance (me)! Finally, they called my name. It was my first performance on stage, My teacher had great hopes for me. I too wanted to win, at least for my mom. 

As they called my name I went to the stage, The stage was so bright that I could barely see the audience. But I knew, all the eyes would be on me! I really hoped to win. I started to dance with the namaskaram, my legs wriggled. My mom and dad were shooting me dance. My dance required flexibility, balance, and concentration. I thought, I danced well and came down the stage. We waited for a long time to get the results. At that moment, many strangers came to my parents and said, "I danced well!" That was the proudest moment in my life!


My mom was also so proud of me. I know that, She always just wants me to do my best in everything, and I gave my best! After a long time, the results were out! I really hoped to get the 1st prize 🤞 But unfortunately, I didn't get any prize. My mom then said, "It's not about winning It's about trying your best!" I was sad literally for 10 mins! next, to cheer me up, my dad bought me a 5-star! I realized, my mom is proud for trying my best, My teacher is happy for participating and my dad is happy that his daughter gave a solo performance!
 

Photo Credits:
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content
https://i.imgur.com/UlBv1Xs.gif
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigFalseGoat-max-1mb.gif 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review -The Pursuit of Happyness

Book Review-Charlie and the Chocolate factory